Ref: REL/ CBE / Design / July 2018
Department: Engineering/ NPD
Reports to: AGM – Engineering
Edu. Qualification: B.E. (Mechanical/ Production)
Experience: 15+ Yrs
• Leverage subject knowledge and expertise in own work and in interaction with other parts of the organization.
• Continuous development of own knowledge and expertise within the area of expertise.
• Capture and develop new ideas and applies them in a way that adds value to the business.
• Share skills and best practice in the relevant area of expertise within own function/ internal networks.
• Review and improve methods, tools and processes within the area of expertise.
• Support colleagues in professional growth to increase their capabilities to deliver.
• Take decisions within a defined time frame.
• Maintain technical coordination and support with the Engineering staff and other departments, including, but not limited to, Production, Purchasing, Sales and Customer Service.
• Design and development of welded structures and sheet metal components.
• Working knowledge of component selection.
• Ability to mentor junior engineers.
• Responsible that all designs are fully documented in models, drawings, and Bill of Materials.
• Perform a variety of calculations to substantiate designs and show necessary design details, section views, and dimensions on production drawings.
• Where applicable, conduct cross-functional design reviews
• Must be knowledgeable in Mechanics, Structures, Hydraulics, or Power group & Transmission.
• Application knowledge of heavy earth moving equipment, preferably in blast hole, water well, exploration drilling equipments.
• Solid theoretical and practical foundation within area of expertise; more than 15 years.
• Proven track record for machine design from concept through to proto type.
• Experienced user of CAD software for modelling and detailing